If human eyes are structurally designed to look at objects 6 metres away then how far is your mobile phone?
Just around 8 inches!!!
Woah! Now that’s too close.
The proximity of digital device screens like computers, laptops, tablets and especially mobile phones could be just harsh on eyes. In fact, research suggests that they have already wrecked many eyes around the world.
1 out of 10 people spends almost 75% of waking hours gazing at any one or multiple digital devices.
If you belong to the millennial slot, you surely must have witnessed blurred vision, irritated eyes, itchy eyes, unexplained pain in neck or headache, at least once. Well, it’s no wrong in blaming your digital companion whom you are hooked to almost all day. It’s the culprit of a modern health problem called digital eye strain which is taking a toll.
Who is at Risk?
- To be honest every other person using any form of digital device in this world is risking his/her eyes.
- More pains and more strains are reported by computer dependent working people.
- Growing kids who spend more than 2 hours per day on digital devices are harming their developing eyes.
- 30+ age adults hooked to the digital devices for more than 6 hours might be already experiencing eye strain.
- People who indulge in binge-watching (reportedly millennials) are highly risking their eyes.
Yes, it’s risky but can be prevented
What Can be Done?
The American Optometric Association (AOA) do encourage to pay attention to eye health.– American Optometric Association
Few tips can be implemented to reduce the risk. One such solution is computer glasses.
What are computer glasses?
Using computer glasses or blue light lenses will help to eliminate glare, reflection and filter the blue light emitted from the devices. You can view comfortably without straining your eyes.
Who need computer glasses?
Computer glasses are specially designed to save your eyes from the harmful effects of blue light emitted from digital devices. It is a better way to prevent Computer Vision Syndrome. Generally, anybody experiencing the common symptoms caused due to constant staring at screens like blurred vision, red eyes, double vision, headache can use computer glasses.
Anybody who is glued to computer screens, laptops or any digital devices for more than 5 to 6 hours a day can wear computer glasses to avoid strain. Actually, it is just a must for the workplace.
Shocking Facts About Blue Light
Blue light has become the talk of the town!
It’s because of the blue light’s negative impact spread across the world.
It’s impossible to imagine this world without mobile phones or computers. Getting exposed to unnatural blue light emitted from these devices can have immediate as well as intensifying impact on eyes.
- Over 65 million people are already suffering from digital eye strain, worldwide
- Over 70 million working professionals around the world are risking their eyes by prolonged exposure to blue light
- 61% of people surveyed admitted that they use multiple devices at a time
- According to the American Optometric Association, 56% of people primarily use digital devices for entertainment purpose
- Millennials (age 22-37) are larger majority reported with digital eye strain
Don’t Freak Out!
The blue light coming from digital devices is likely to increase the risk of macular degeneration at an early age. Studies indicate that 288 million people around the world will be affected by 2040.
Okay, now seriously don’t freak out! Macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss.
How Computer Glasses Come to Rescue?
We are now exposed to more blue light than before and it’s dangerous!
Earlier it was only the natural blue light emitted from the sun but now in this digital age, you can find many sources of blue light. The artificial blue light from the screened devices is much troublesome.
The human body requires only certain amount of blue light for wellbeing but that too the natural one, we are not designed to tolerate the artificial blue light. Too much exposure to man-made blue light can risk your health and also negatively affect your eyes. The blue radiations can also permanently damage your eyes.
Are you an intensive user of digital devices?
Do you check your smartphones, now and then?
Benefits of Computer Glasses
Digital devices have become part of our lives. We can’t get rid of them but certainly, we can get rid of its perils by wearing a good pair of computer glasses.
- The glare bouncing off the computer screens can be eliminated with the specially designed glasses for stress-free screen time. Some glasses come with anti-glare coating that cuts down the screen glare and ensures hassle-free vision.
- You don’t have to simply lean forward all the time to clearly view the screen. With computer glasses, you can see the screen clearly from a normal distance without straining your eyes. It also reduces the back and neck pain and keeps your posture good.
- Computer glasses are available both without prescription and with lens power, as per your requirement to keep things in focus.
- Good quality computer glasses will definitely protect your eyes from the harsh lights and drastically reduce the symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome.
Features of Computer Glasses
No matter what are your visual requirements, the modern-day computer glasses are tailor-made as per your needs.
- Non-prescription computer glasses – If you are looking for glasses without any refractive error correction, just to protect your eyes from blue light then you can go for computer glasses without prescription.
- Computer glasses with near vision – These glasses come with comfortable viewing experience at a close distance along with screen-viewing benefits.
- Computer reading glasses – For the comfortable reading experience whether on smartphones, computers or books, you can go for computer reading glasses. It offers a larger field of vision.
- Computer glasses with lens coating – To eliminate the obstacle of light reflection, an anti-reflective coating is a kind of mandatory for computer glasses. You are ensured with superior visual clarity.
How to Buy Computer Glasses Online?
Big savings, great frame choices, easy payment process and doorstep delivery – Buying computer glasses online is probably the best thing you can do, especially if it is our very own Framesbuy store.
Browse through our glasses collection and pick frame of your choice
Select lenses and choose our computer vision lens package
Make payment and get your computer glasses delivered at your doorstep